Friday, November 5, 2010

Sometimes I Play "Grown-Up"

It's weird being back from Fall Break. But after being in London again, I think "you know, this whole London thing is working for me." I enjoy taking the tube to class, despite the frequent strikes. I enjoy always having something to do, or just hanging out in my flat. Before I got to London I played with the idea of coming back at some point; I already knew I would love it. Now that I am here, I do love it, and I have been seriously looking into graduate programs here. I had already researched a few before getting here, and I've actually even toured a couple and talked with admissions counselors. I really think that if I keep at it and keep in the direction I am going, graduate school in London can be a much more real possibility.

Speaking of grown up things, I haven't really spoken about my internship placement, mainly because getting it wasn't as smooth as an administrative task as I was hoping it would be. Anyway, I am happy to say that I'm an intern at a student resource company for academic, volunteer, and internship placements around the globe. I handle a variety of marketing tasks including restructuring their Facebook presence, which is really cool, and some other neat stuff. I even get to write on their blog from time to time, and they just published my first post!

I want this opportunity again. I want to come back to London on another level, not just as an undergrad student for one semester. The other day, one of my professors here asked me how I was finding London. All I said was "I want to come back," and she said "all the good ones do." I really took that seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment