Sunday, February 27, 2011

LA...Dubai...where the heck am I?

February has been pretty legit. I went to Los Angeles two weekends ago, and Dubai one week ago. I wish I had blogged right after getting home because now I'm struggling to remember my favorite details, or what I was doing there in the first place.

Los Angeles
Thursday - Spent the day walking around Venice Beach, Santa Monica, and then walked to UCLA where I saw the editors of The Onion speak live. They were hilarious, and now they are following me on Twitter...so I had a good night. (But I was tired...I clocked it, and I walked about 12 miles in the span of a few hours. Rough. Wish that LA's transport system was better.)

Photobucket

Friday - Went to the famous Los Angeles farmers market, had some yummy food. Headed over to the Hollywood & Highland area and gawked at all the people. Ran into zero celebrities, but spent a lot of time looking down; that's a safety hazard.

Photobucket

Saturday - Disneyland. Couldn't help myself, I'm a huge Disney geek. Had a fantastic day. And for you other geeks out there, World of Color is the best nighttime show I've seen at any Disney park. One of the coolest things I've seen in my life, actually.

Dubai

Photobucket

A few weeks ago I got a call from the grad school I'm attending next year. They wanted to fly me to Dubai for the weekend to interview for the Accelerated Leadership Program. Um, yes please? Had a wonderful time interviewing among 24 other amazingly qualified students (which made me even more excited about going to Hult, even if I don't get in the program - I'll find out this week, by the way.) The interview was intense: group activities, individual interviews, presentations, etc. I did my best, so we'll see what happens. After that I had a day to explore Dubai on my own, and I tried to see as much of the city as possible; I definitely need more time to explore that fascinating place.

Photobucket

Photobucket
They have cool names for things.

---

And now I'm back in Syracuse, and it's cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment