Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's the Final Countdown

Well, the time is here; just 10 days left in London. I was told that the semester would fly by, but didn't I just get here? As much as I'm really excited to see my family and friends, be reunited with my BlackBerry, and get back to American portions at restaurants, I've really loved London. I'm going to do some posts from Michigan reflecting on my semester, but I wanted to give an update right now.

Last weekend my flatmate and I went on a school-sponsored visit to a show called La Soiree. It was like a circus/vaudeville freak show. It was pretty jaw-dropping and had some really memorable acts. I'm rounding out the final days in classes, so the work has been kicked up a notch. It is the end of an academic semester, as easy as that is to forget. On the work front, I'm really happy with how far I've gone with my internship. I've met some great people and learned a lot, and I'm excited to finish up.

Which leads me to my next point, I've been offered a new job when I get back to campus. I'm thrilled to announce that I've been selected to be on the Syracuse Social Media Team. My job entails me assisting in the facilitation of @SyracuseU, which is the official Syracuse account on Twitter. Combine two things I like: Twitter, and talking about Syracuse and you can see why I'm really excited about the job. It's also a great way to learn more about a field that I'd like to have a career in one day. I've really taken a liking to social media/digital marketing and new trends in marketing, and I plan on pursuing a job within that realm upon graduating. It seems like a great way to break into the marketing department of a company that I'd like to work for and then build from there. A lot of companies are hiring recent grads to fill new positions in this area because they figure we understand the medium better than most people. That is something I'd completely agree with. (PS, follow me on Twitter!)

So even though next semester I'll be blogging from Syracuse, and not South Africa or London, hopefully I'll still have some exciting things to talk about. As for now, I'm enjoying the fact that I have a few more opportunities to enjoy the city with my friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment