Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Packing

10 days until I leave! I've already started kind-of packing...well, at least I'm setting some stuff aside. I'm already worried that I am going to want to bring WAY too much. I have to pack about 4-months worth of stuff into just a few small bags. It was hard enough to choose what I wanted to pack for South Africa, and that was for only two months, and I was trying to bring clothes I didn't like and haven't worn in a while. I didn't have too many of those, so packing was actually easy. But Ireland/London requires a whole different wardrobe. It's going to be cold, it's going to be grey-skied, it's going to have rain/snow. Thank heavens I am prepared for this kind of environment from living in Michigan and going to school in Syracuse. But, that means I have a LOT of clothes that I will want to bring.

Anyway, getting really excited. In Ireland, we are doing some AWESOME things; I keep reading the itinerary. We are studying in Dublin at Trinity College, which has a beautiful campus. I am so excited to explore it and see what it is like being a college student in Ireland. We are also touring a prison! I am really excited for Belfast because the hotel we are staying at is right in the center of the shopping/nightlife center of the city. And we have a couple free evenings/nights, so we will get to explore the city on our own, which is cool. We also get to explore the famous Dunluce Castle, see a big rugby match at Ravenhill Stadium, and hear some really exciting lectures from some pretty interesting-sounding people. I am trusting that SU Abroad hooked us up with some really good professors. The Syracuse professor that is leading our seminar sounds really cool.

Gotta finish up my homework for Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment