Friday, September 3, 2010

My Flat!

So London is very stressful, let me just say. Between orientation meetings, adjusting to a new country, and finding a flat, I have found myself quite drained every day. I am very ready for classes to begin, to find an internship (hopefully) and to move into my flat and just start living the London life. A big cause of stress was finding the perfect flat for the semester, and I think we struck gold. After several visits to many alright flats, we finally got a hold of a landlord who had just put a beautiful flat on the market an hour ago. One of the student guides came with us, and after viewing it he said "you would be stupid not to take it." It is in the Bayswater area, three bedroooms & two bathrooms, right near two tube stops (different lines, which is really convenient for travel) and only a 15 minute tube ride away from Faraday House, Syracuse's academic building in London. I move in tomorrow, and I could not be more excited. Oh, not to mention that it is completely refurbished very recently. Meaning new kitchen appliances, a new washer/drier, new bathroom fixtures, new dishes/silverware, etc. Here are some pics!

Photobucket

The front

Photobucket

The living room (complete with big screen TV and DVD player)

Photobucket

One of the three bedrooms

Photobucket

One of the two bathrooms

Photobucket

The kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment